WiSilica Launches Smart Environment Platform Focused on a More Intelligent Internet of Things26th August 2015
Open, end-to-end platform adds intelligence to contextual data about connected devices and their users, enabling smart environments to enrich, enhance and predict
- Company enters IoT market with easiest, most flexible way to create and connect smart environments that are managed using mobile apps and the cloud.
- End-to-end IoT platform gives connected devices the predictive intelligence to understand and improve the user experience while reducing cost and improving efficiency.
- Secure platform supports legacy and new devices, can operate locally, in the cloud or as a hybrid network, and is easy to deploy, scale and configure in the field.
ALISO VIEJO, Calif., August 26, 2015 – WiSilica, the smart environment enabler creating a more intelligent IoT, has launched an end-to-end solution for connecting millions of devices that can understand their environment and use predictive intelligence to improve the user experience, reduce cost and improve efficiency. Taking advantage of the existing smartphone ecosystem and WiSilica’s proprietary mesh networking technology, the WiSe platform enables customers to easily configure smart homes, buildings, lighting, sensors and wearables into intelligent devices that they can manage via mobile apps and in the cloud.
“WiSilica provides customers with the building blocks and framework to create complete smart IoT environments,” said Suresh Singamsetty, Founder and CEO with WiSilica. “By proactively working with its customers on end-to-end solutions from concept and design through configuration and deployment, we help them to reduce cost and time to ROI while ensuring that solutions meet their needs and are fully integrated with other technologies.”
The WiSilica platform works with both legacy devices and new products designed for the IoT, and sets new benchmarks for IoT success in areas including real-time presence and awareness, secure connectivity, data analytics opportunities, cost savings, and higher-quality user experiences. The platform makes it easy to bring together infrastructure, sensors, devices and people into a single unified, smart environment based on a Wi-Fi and Bluetooth low-energy (BLE)-based mesh-networking platform.
Key Features and Benefits
Key features and benefits of the WiSilica platform include:
- Behavioral and contextual intelligence delivered through significant improvements in real-time presence and awareness: Devices can be configured to act on events initiated by other devices, enhancing operational efficiency while improving the user experience. Real-time presence and awareness are increased through a combination of cloud-based services and software agents running across devices, gateways and applications, ensuring that smart environments can understand user needs in real-time and identify, predict and synchronize services, rather than requiring all device prompts and triggers to be configured in advance.
- Anytime, anywhere access: leverages the existing smartphone ecosystem along with BLE protocols and mesh networking so users can manage and operate devices remotely using mobile apps and the cloud.
- Decentralized control: Enables phones to communicate directly with devices, eliminating the need for a bridge to support autonomously operating applications.
- End-to-end solution based on an open platform: Provides all necessary building blocks and framework to bring together infrastructure, sensors, devices and people into a single, flexible and intelligent system.
- Scalability: The platform’s high-performance software fabric is easily scalable to support millions of Bluetooth devices, users and bridges.
- Secure connectivity: Delivers enterprise-level security through 128-bit encryption, authentication and role-based access control, to meet the most demanding requirements including such mission-critical applications as energy and healthcare services and critical infrastructure.
- Over-the-air updates: All device firmware updates are conveniently executed over the air.
- Big data analytics: Enables users to collect terabytes of valuable, actionable, high-definition data.
The WiSilica platform is available now and currently shipping to customers. The platform can be used in a wide variety of healthcare, manufacturing, energy management, building automation, retail, infrastructure/environmental monitoring and other applications, as well as smart environments for the home, office and other facilities. More information about the WiSilica platform and development tools may be found at http://www.wisilica.com/developers
WiSilica is a leading provider of IoT solutions with its open platform that easily, flexibly and cost-effectively bridges objects, location and people to create smart environments that have predictive intelligence. WiSilica simplifies the challenges with today’s IoT by enabling connected devices to understand contextual elements such as user behaviors, sensor inputs and proximity. The result is a true smart environment under de-centralized control, in which customers can connect energy, public infrastructure and healthcare systems with intelligent devices managed by mobile apps and the cloud.
Green Flash Media for WiSilica